Dreamweaver FTP Tutorial

All discussions about web hosting, add on domains, file management, support etc. Post everything here and we will try our best to answer all questions and inquiries.
Forum rules
No Spamming Please
lgtadmin
Site Admin

Dreamweaver FTP Tutorial

Postby lgtadmin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:21 am

This simple tutorial enables you to connect your Dreamweaver Application to any server via FTP.

1. Open your Dreamweaver Application. ( It doesn't matter what version you use. )
1.jpg
1.jpg (64.82 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

2. On the lower right corner, in the Manage Sites tool, Click the drop down as shown in the screenshot and select Manage Sites.
2.jpg
2.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

3. A new window will open and click "New Site" as shown in the screenshot.
2-5.jpg
2-5.jpg (54.6 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

4. After clicking the "New Site" button a new window will open as shown in the screenshot
3.jpg
3.jpg (67.12 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

5.Once you're on the new window, click "Servers" on the left as shown in the screenshot above and then click the "+" button to add a new ftp account.
6. A new window will appear after you clicked the "+" button and will ask for your ftp details as shown in the screenshot below
4.jpg
4.jpg (66.7 KiB) Viewed 2958 times

7. You need to input all the necessary details.For server name, you can put anything you want your connection to be called. Once you are done, the "Test" button will become active. Click it to test your connection and wait for a few seconds to see if your connection is valid. Once Dreamweaver validates your connection, you can now click "Save". Now you are ready to do a direct connection to your server using Dreamweaver

lgtadmin
Site Admin

Re: Dreamweaver FTP Tutorial

Postby lgtadmin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:57 am

Try to check the port. You can use either port 21 or 22

mrseniordan

Postby mrseniordan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:10 pm

I known all of this it for the old server. The new server do not allow it to work with ftp of dreamwever cc 2016.uploader or my WinSCP FTP uploader.

mrseniordan

Postby mrseniordan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:20 am

Try to check the port. You can use either port 21 or 22
I did Still not login.

mrseniordan

Postby mrseniordan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:30 am

By the way sorry I did not introduce myself
Daniel Taylor Platinum
Ben with lgt about 10 years now.
Also upgraded to 2017 Dreamwever cc